Christopher Elehu, Labour Party, LP, candidate for Onuimo local government area state constituency in Imo, was on Friday killed by unidentified gunmen.
An eyewitness who spoke to newsmen said the incident happened early hours of the day.
This is coming not less than a week, the candidate of the labour party, Okigwe, Chukwunoneye Iruno, was reportedly slumped and died in a hospital. Iruno died a day to the Presidential rally of the labour party in Imo.
The eyewitness alleged that Elehu, was “Attacked with cutlass and his properties set ablaze by the said hoodlums. they also attacked so many houses and shot sporadically. They injured many and the residents abandoned.”
Reacting, the Imo state Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Micheal Abattam, said: “It is under investigation and the command has sent our men to the area for surveillance and patrol.”
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis