The attack occurred last Friday evening around 8:30pm when six officers of the agency were on duty at one of their post around the main gate of the Federal College of Education (FCE) Okene where Onwumere Nicholas, Peter Ebun and Abdulrahman Musa lost their lives.
An eyewitness, Mr Joel Abraham disclosed that the incident which occurred around 8:30pm left three officers of the NDLEA dead while three others escape unhurt.
He added that the hoodlums ran away with two rifles belonging to the deceased officers.
Confirming the incident, the Kogi state Commandant of the NDLEA, Alhaji Idris Bello, said three of his men fell to the guns of the hoodlums in Okene , while on patrol on Friday evening.
Bello added that NDLEA together with other sister agents in the state have put all necessary plans in motion to arrest the perpetrators of the heinous act.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank