Some yet to be identified gunmen have reportedly killed a Christ Apostolic Church pastor, Oluwarotimi Akinroyeje, at the mission house located at Ago Gbooro area of Ore in the Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State.
According to a source, the assailant who was masked entered into the mission house at about 1am on Monday and went straight to where the deceased was and shot him at a close range.
The source said the motive behind the dastardly act was still unknown, as according to him, the killer did not take anything from the deceased after shooting him dead.
“The man who wore a mask entered into the mission house in the middle of the night and brought out a locally-made gun and killed the pastor. He did not take anything when he was going, he just shot the pastor and left,“ the source said.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Ondo State Police Command, Mr. Femi Joseph, confirmed the incident and said the command had commenced investigation into the matter, adding that it was an assassination case.
He however alleged that the family members of the deceased were not cooperating with the police on its investigation. He said the command had invited them but they had failed to show up.
He said, “The family of the deceased should do well to cooperate with the police because we have discovered that on this case the family has not been assisting us in our investigation, their only concern is for us to release the corpse to them to go and bury.
“It is always good if the family can be fielding us with useful information, we are not magicians, it is from the information we get that was can have our lead and arrest the perpetrator, what the family is doing on the matter is not good enough.”
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget