The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has condoled with the Emirs of Kano and Bichi emirate council, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero and Alhaji Nasiru Ado Bayero respectively over the death of their mother, Hajia Maryam Ado Bayero who died on Saturday (today).
In a condolence message issued by his Spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, the Emir noted that Hajia Maryam’s glorious passage has marked the end of an era.
‘Inna lilahi waina ilaehi rojihun’, the Emir said when the news was broke to him.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari who described the deceased as “a unique grand-daughter of the late 7th Emir of Ilorin (Shehu Shuaibu Bawa 1915-1919), daughter of the late 8th Emir of Ilorin (Shehu AbdulKadir Dan Shuaibu Bawa 1919-1959) niece of the late 9th Emir of Ilorin (Shehu Zulqarnain Muhammadu Gambari 1959-1992) sister of the late 10th Emir of Ilorin ( Shehu Aliyu AbdulKadir 1992-1995) and aunt of the current Emir of Ilorin (Shehu Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR).
“The deceased was also the widow of the late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, mother of the current Emir of Kano and Bichi, Alhaji Aminu and Nasiru Ado Bayero. Today, I received the news of the passing away of our beloved mother with total submission to the will of Almighty Allah.
“Her death is so painful but we thank Almighty Allah for what the deceased has achieved for humanity as a celebrated Princess, Queen and Mother-Queen. Her life was exemplary with accomplishments and satisfactions. The stories of her life shall remain evergreen on earth. I condole with His Royal Highnesses for the great and irreplaceable loss that befell us.
“I also extend my condolences to the entire Kano and Bichi emirate councils, government and people of Kano State and the entire humanity over the incidence.
“May Almighty Allah forgive her shortcomings, accept her good deeds and admit her into Al-janatul firdaos because this is indeed the end of an era.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor