As the National Hajj Commission (NAHCON) commenced its inaugural flight to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for this year’s hajj exercise, the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has urged pilgrims from the State to pray fervently for peace, prosperity and unity of the nation.
The Emir noted that this year’s hajj exercise is unique and significant in the lives of every participants due to the health challenges orchestrated by the COVID-19 outbreak globally in the last two years.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari, in a statement issued on Saturday by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, wished all pilgrims a successful journey to the holy land and charged them to be good ambassadors of the state.
According to him, “COVID-19 outbreak had in the last two years wrecked serious havoc globally which was also responsible for the cancellation of hajj operations for two consecutive years respectively.
“May Almighty Allah restore absolute peace and comforts globally and accept all your supplications while in the holy land as well as give you sound health to complete all the required obligations in line with the dictates of Allah and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).”
The Emir however commended the leadership of the State Pilgrims Welfare Board and the Kwara State Government for their commitments towards ensuring a hitch-free Hajj exercise despite all odds.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community