Ahead of this year’s Hajj exercise, the chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, Alhaji Zikrullah Kunle Hassan, has inaugurated the Airline Screening Committee for the smooth airlifting of pilgrims to Saudi Arabia.
Alhaji Hassan, according to a statement by Hajia Fatima Muhammad Mustapha of the Information and Publications Division of the commission, advised the committee to be honest and transparent in the course of discharging its duties.
According to him, the committee is vital to the Hajj 2020 and that the members should put at the back of their minds that it is Amana (trust) bestowed on them to give the welfare of the pilgrims top priority.
The committee members are drawn from some relevant government aviation agencies such as the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, NAMA; Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA; Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, FAAN; Nigerian Meteorological Agency, NIMET; Accident Investigation Bureau, AIB and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, ICPC.
Others include some NAHCON board members, some representatives from the State Pilgrims Welfare Boards, as well as the representatives from the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, OSGF and the Nigerian Customs Service, NCS.
Chairman of the committee, who is also the Executive Commissioner in-charge of Operations in the commission, Alhaji Abdullahi Magaji Hardawa, in his response, assured Hassan of their commitment to meet the desired objectives of the commission.
Hardawa also emphasized that “the committee would work in tandem with the policy thrust of the commission in ensuring the reduction of the Hajj fare cost and the number of days our pilgrims stay in Saudi Arabia.
He thanked the commission chairman for the confidence reposed in them.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate