Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also sympathised with the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji Aje Ogungunniso I, as well as the government and people of Oyo State over the death the renowned philanthropist and Agba-Oye of Ibadanland.
This is contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the Emir’s Spokesperson, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona. The monarch described the deceased as a successful business mogul with exceptional qualities of patriotism, honesty and excellence.
According to the statement, “His Royal Highness, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, commiserates with the entire people of Oyo state and Nigerians at large over the death of a unique ambassador of Ibadanland. He demonstrated high level of excellence and accomplishments in his business conglomerate to become a global citizen during his lifetimes.
“I recieved the news of his death with sadness. Our relationship started as friends but we later became brothers with very strong tides. I have strong convictions that late Harry Akande’s love for Nigeria especially the downtrodden knows no boundary. His death is a great loss to our nation and humanity at large.
“We shall all miss him greatly. My heart and prayers are with his immediate and extended families, friends, associates and the entire Olubadan-In-Council over the colossal loss. May God comfort his family and give them the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide