Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also sympathised with the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji Aje Ogungunniso I, as well as the government and people of Oyo State over the death the renowned philanthropist and Agba-Oye of Ibadanland.
This is contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the Emir’s Spokesperson, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona. The monarch described the deceased as a successful business mogul with exceptional qualities of patriotism, honesty and excellence.
According to the statement, “His Royal Highness, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, commiserates with the entire people of Oyo state and Nigerians at large over the death of a unique ambassador of Ibadanland. He demonstrated high level of excellence and accomplishments in his business conglomerate to become a global citizen during his lifetimes.
“I recieved the news of his death with sadness. Our relationship started as friends but we later became brothers with very strong tides. I have strong convictions that late Harry Akande’s love for Nigeria especially the downtrodden knows no boundary. His death is a great loss to our nation and humanity at large.
“We shall all miss him greatly. My heart and prayers are with his immediate and extended families, friends, associates and the entire Olubadan-In-Council over the colossal loss. May God comfort his family and give them the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity