Mrs Folasade Boriowo of the Federal Ministry of Information has emerged the new Chair person of the National Forum of the Heads of Federal Government Establishments in Kwara.
Mrs Boriowo polled 48 votes to defeat her sole rival, Mr Aribo Suberu who scored 20 votes in an election conducted on Tuesday at the Federal Civil Club, Ilorin.
Mr Ayo Amos of the Harmony 103.5FM polled 50 votes to become the Secretary.
Other officers elected were Mr Oludare Atere of Census Board as Vice Chairman and Danjuma Lawan as Publicity Secretary.
Those returned unopposed were Mr Alabi Oyeyiola as Legal Adviser. Keshi Williams; Auditor, Mr Alabi Owolabi; financial Secretary, John Ibiwoye; Treasurer and Mrs Fausat Ajulo; Assistant Secretary.
Mrs Juliana Akinwumi and Mr Michael Aiyedona were appointed as Ex-officio members to advice the executive council members.
The new executives were later sworn in by the Forum Legal Adviser, Oyeyiola who administered the oath of office to them.
In her post election remarks, the Chair person, Mrs Boriowo expressed her gratitude to members for voting for her.
She promised that her executive will not disappoint the Forum and would serve the members well.
Boriowo promised that the executive will serve well in order to move the Forum into greater height.
Out of the 106 federal establishments in Kwara, representatives of 68 were accredited to vote as at the close of accreditation by 11.15 am.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency