By Olakunle Adeniyi
As part of government’s determination at providing qualitative and affordable health services to the people, Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has given a week ultimatum to the state’s Ministry of Health to complete installation of its state-of-the-art automated Dialysis Machine at the state’s General Hospital, Ilorin.
The Governor who was on an on the spot assessment of the newly acquired machine and other ongoing works at the Hospital, frowned at the delay in the installation of the machine and directed the commissioner for health, Dr Suleiman Atolagbe Alege to ensure its immediate installation.
According to the Governor “we cannot afford to waste time on the installation of these facilities because it’s a live saving equipment that requires urgent installation.” “Do you know how many people will benefit from this when completed? Don’t you realise the agonies patients go through in getting succour from various kinds of kidney disease,” the governor queried.
Other projects inspected by the governor included College Nursing and Midwifery and Adewole Henry George road, both in Ilorin. At the College of Nursing and Midwifery, Governor Ahmed directed the Commissioner of Finance, Alhaji Ademola Banu to release necessary funds for various ongoing works at the school.
At the Adewole Henry George road, Commissioner for Works and Transport, Alhaji Aro Yahaya told the governor that the work was at 95% completion with assured that it would be completed on schedule.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal