Ortom said Mohammed’s defence of Fulani herdsmen carrying AK-47 indicated that he was part of an attempt to assassinate him.
He recalled that herdsmen had written to him in an attempt to assassinate him.
The Governor stated this while addressing journalists in Makurdi, Benue State, yesterday.
Ortom said: “I want to think that, with what he said and what those herdsmen wrote to me and said that they were going to assassinate me, Bala Mohammed is also part of it, with what he has said.
“And if anything happens to me, I don’t want anybody to be in doubt, Bala Mohammed should be held responsible. Especially his last week outing after the condemnable remarks he made about Fulani carrying AK-47 and living anywhere in Nigeria.”
Mohammed had a week ago accused Ortom of perpetrating hatred against the Fulani in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, Ortom had accused Mohammed of teaming up with killer herdsmen to eliminate people living in some part of the country, including his State.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children