Some Fulani Herdsmen were suspected to have raped a 72-year-old woman in Ore, Odigbo local government area of Ondo State.
The woman, who is known as Victoria, narrating her ordeal in the hands of the rapists, said they tore her clothes and rough-handled her.
She continues, “They raped me one after the other. They threatened to kill me if I made any noise and left me on the farm after injuring me”.
There has been uproar in the community, as youths and farmers alike across the local government protested to take the law into their hands if the state government and security agencies did not address the issue quickly.
The coordinator of the group, Mr. Oluwatuyi Adekanmbi, said herdsmen had constituted themselves into terror in Ondo State by perpetrating different crimes, including rape, destruction of farms, killing, as well as kidnapping.
He called on the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, and the Ondo State House of Assembly to enact a law that would effectively protect farmers, their wives and their farmland.
He said “One of our farmers, Orimisan Omowole, was murdered on his farm in the Odigbo area. After killing him, they took out his heart and placed it on his chest.
Mr. Akeredolu added that the state or the community is never against cattle rearing, only that the herdsmen comply with rules of not grazing on farmland, so as not to cause damage to our means of livelihood.
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu