Some Fulani Herdsmen were suspected to have raped a 72-year-old woman in Ore, Odigbo local government area of Ondo State.
The woman, who is known as Victoria, narrating her ordeal in the hands of the rapists, said they tore her clothes and rough-handled her.
She continues, “They raped me one after the other. They threatened to kill me if I made any noise and left me on the farm after injuring me”.
There has been uproar in the community, as youths and farmers alike across the local government protested to take the law into their hands if the state government and security agencies did not address the issue quickly.
The coordinator of the group, Mr. Oluwatuyi Adekanmbi, said herdsmen had constituted themselves into terror in Ondo State by perpetrating different crimes, including rape, destruction of farms, killing, as well as kidnapping.
He called on the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, and the Ondo State House of Assembly to enact a law that would effectively protect farmers, their wives and their farmland.
He said “One of our farmers, Orimisan Omowole, was murdered on his farm in the Odigbo area. After killing him, they took out his heart and placed it on his chest.
Mr. Akeredolu added that the state or the community is never against cattle rearing, only that the herdsmen comply with rules of not grazing on farmland, so as not to cause damage to our means of livelihood.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory