A 37-Year-old fisherman, Salongo Christopher Kityo from Uganda has been arrested on Friday by OC Mpala Police Post Joseph Sekitoleko for defiling his 11-year-old daughter.
Kityo who operates at Gerege landing site, in Nalugala Parish, Katabi Town Council was allegedly caught pants down by his 26-year-old wife on Tuesday defiling the child, a pupil at Cherish Uganda primary school.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that Kityo and his wife, Lydia Namiiro are both HIV positive.
Namiiro returned home from a vigil in the neighborhood in the wee hours of Tuesday morning and on entering the house, she found the man naked with a lot of booze on his head after drinking a lot of beer throughout the night,
The 11-year-old girl who had been defiled immediately told the mum that she was in serious pain after the Dad had defiled her.Namiiro the informed the neighbours who in turn contacted the police.
Sekitoleko rushed to the scene and whisked away Salongo Christopher Kityo to Entebbe Grade B Hospital after the locals beat him up and sustained several injuries including a swollen head.
Namiiro who is said to be the breadwinner by doing odd jobs including fetching firewood and washing clothes for people, narrated that her little girls have confided in her that their dad has been sexually molesting them for a long time.
She revealed that the eldest girl who was born HIV Negative contracted the virus from Kityo and she is currently on Antiretroviral drugs with her mum. Nalongo disclosed that Salongo adamantly refused to start the antiretroviral ARV treatment and only spends most of his time smoking opium and marijuana in addition to boozing.
The little girl who was defiled was also rushed to Entebbe Grade B Hospital for treatment to avoid contracting the HIV/AIDS Virus.
Meanwhile, Kityo who has been charged to court for aggravated defilement denied has denied the accusation, claiming that his wife carefully planned the whole incident in order to grab his plot of land.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63