The United States government has asked the Nigerian governmet to hold those responsible for the abduction of schoolboys from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State on December 11, responsible ” to the full extent of the law”.
In a statement released by the U.S. Department of State spokesperson Cale Brown after the release of the abducted students on Thursday December 17, the North American country condemned the incident and also stated that schools should be a safe place where children can learn and thrive.
The statement read in part;
“We offer our sincere sympathies to the families of the missing students and the security guard killed in the attack.
“School should be a safe place where children can learn and thrive.”
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus