A member of the House of Representatives and only female Federal lawmaker from Oyo State, Tolulope Akande-Sadipe, has been declared the winner of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) contest for the ticket of Oluyole Federal Constituency.
She defeated four Aspirants: Prince Ayodeji Abass-Aleshinloye; Hon. Sumbo Olugbemi; Hon. Kehinde Olaosebikan and Hon. Adegboyega Rasheed to clinch the keenly contested party ticket, held at Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, CRIN Ibadan, the official venue submitted by the State Party Headquarters to INEC.
Hon. Tolulope Akande-Sadipe, currently represents Oluyole Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives, Abuja.
A total of Thirty-nine (39) of the 50 delegates drawn from 10 wards of Oluyole Local Government came out for the primary election after a successful accreditation by the state returning officer.
In her acceptance speech, Akande-Sadipe appreciated the electoral committee and all delegates for finding her worthy to be the party’s flag bearer in Oluyole Federal Constituency.
She applauded the Oyo State Executive of the APC, led by Hon. Isaac Omodewu, all party faithful and observers for their efforts and support.
“God first in everything. All glory and honor to the Almighty. This victory is an affirmation of your love for my contributions to the development of Oluyole Federal Constituency. It stresses further the importance of continuity”, she said.
“In all facets, my constituents should expect more from me, I will not disappoint or betray the confidence reposed in me”, she added.
She berated the heavy mobilisation of thugs by her opponents to disrupt the event, adding that despite this, the event was held successfully after a long delay.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State