Hoodlums snatch ballot box in Imo supplementary Election in presence of security
Hoodlums guided by suspected armed security men on Saturday disrupted and snatched the ballot box at Umuarusi Amandugba hall in the Isu local government area of Imo state.
According to Vanguard, five thugs invaded the polling units at about 09:19 Am.
The thugs invaded the area despite the heavy presence of security men.
However, voters have expressed fears over the security armored vehicle patrolling the area before the snatching of the box.
One of them, who introduced himself as Chibuike, said: “We are afraid.
“You saw how they snatched the ballot box with security people around and you will know it was planned.
“We are afraid and we are not safe. How can an election be conducted with an armoured vehicle? This is wrong.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje