The governor-elect of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodinma, has given an order to all financial institutions where the state funds are maintained not to honour any draft till further notice.
This order came a few hours after the Supreme Court declared him the duly elected governor of the state on Tuesday.
A letter addressed to the regional directors and managers of all the financial institutions in Imo State and signed by Cosmos Iwu, director-general of Senator Hope Uzodinma campaign organisation, on behalf of the governor-elect, ordered the financial institutions to “post no debit” on all the accounts.
The letter which was titled, “Order of post no debit on all accounts of Imo State government effective 14, January 2020” stated that the order was a sequel to the apex court judgment which declared Uzodinma the new governor of the state.
The three-paragraph letter, which was sighted by The PUNCH in Owerri on Wednesday, read, “Following the Supreme Court judgment of 14, January 2020, I am directed by his excellency, Senator Hope Uzodinma, to take this as your authority/instruction to place a post no debit order on all accounts of the Imo state government maintained in your various institutions.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner