The Kwara State Governor , Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, on Tuesday expressed dissatisfaction over the transfer of some Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) in the state ahead of the Saturday Federal House of Representatives poll in Irepodun/Isin/Ekiti federal constituency.
Ahmed stated this while speaking with journalists shortly after addressing some youths under the agies of the Concerned Kwara South Youths who paid him solidarity visit at the State Government House, Ilorin, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He noted that , “It is obvious that with the development within the political circle, it is like democracy is under siege and this is not good for us as a nation. We can’t afford to sit and watech electorate intimidated, harassed and denied their civic right to vote.
“Also, we don’t the replica of Osun and Ekiti states respectively where security agencies where used to manipulate elections.”
- EFCC takes over Uzor Kalu’s properties after conviction
- SAD…. Mimiko looses 88yr-old mother
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police