The Kwara State Governor , Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed, on Tuesday expressed dissatisfaction over the transfer of some Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) in the state ahead of the Saturday Federal House of Representatives poll in Irepodun/Isin/Ekiti federal constituency.
Ahmed stated this while speaking with journalists shortly after addressing some youths under the agies of the Concerned Kwara South Youths who paid him solidarity visit at the State Government House, Ilorin, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He noted that , “It is obvious that with the development within the political circle, it is like democracy is under siege and this is not good for us as a nation. We can’t afford to sit and watech electorate intimidated, harassed and denied their civic right to vote.
“Also, we don’t the replica of Osun and Ekiti states respectively where security agencies where used to manipulate elections.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner