The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has described the Terminal 2 of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, as a testament to the Buhari administration’s unprecedented infrastructure development across the country.
The Minister stated this in Lagos on Monday, during a media tour of the terminal.
“This edifice – and the others like it – is a testament to the commitment of the Buhari Administration to the unprecedented infrastructure development covering roads, bridges, rail, water dams, seaports, etc.
“No Administration in the history of Nigeria has done this much, especially at a time of paucity of resources,” he said.
Alhaji Mohammed said the tour of the new terminal was an exciting experience, adding that the facilities at the airport are comparable to what was obtained anywhere in the world.
“The terminal, which has state-of-the-art facilities and fittings, has the capacity to process 14 million passengers per annum.
“It has 60 check-in counters, 5 baggage claim belts, 16 departure desks and 28 arrival desks,” he said after he was taken on a guided tour of the Terminal.
The Minister also said the terminal has 8 security screening points and 7 Passenger boarding bridges.
“There is a whole new experience in terms of aesthetics, comfort, free trolley services, hotel and premium lounges, friendly customer services and free Wi-Fi,” he stated.
Alhaji Mohammed clarified that the Terminal 2 of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, was not built to replace Terminal 1 but to complement it.
“That’s why we were told that you could check in at one terminal and board at the other. So there is a handshake between the two terminals.
“It was the first terminal added to the original terminal since it was built some 40 years ago,” he said.
The Minister, who was accompanied by the Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Captain Rabiu Yadudu, and the Director General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, Captain Musa Nuhu, was conducted around the check-in area; passport control; screening machines; 22-room hotel; boarding gates; boarding areas; praying area for Muslims and Christians; port health screening; baggage claim area and arrival concourse by the Terminal Manager, Mrs Ojali Ausa.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections