Governments at all levels have been urged to ensure adequate protection of investors by addressing the problems of funding, stringent bureaucratic process, corruption, incosistent policies and lack of infrastructural amenities that are posing serious threat on Enterprenuership in the country.
The Co- founder of Heart and Capital Nigeria Limited, Mr. Abdulquawiy Olododo, stated this at the 8th International Conference on Enterprenuership, Management and Innovation 2019 organised by the Centre for Enterprenuership Studies of the Kwara State University, Malete.
Speaking on the theme: “Tertiary institution – Industry – Government Collaboration (triple helix model): Key to a Entrepreneurship, Economic and Social Development, Olododo emphasised on the need to understand the difference between a businessman and an entrepreneur.
According to him, “Most of the tertiary institutions are not going about it rightly with the kinds of curriculum they run in their centres. There is a solute mix-up and this factor is really affecting the society to very large extent.”
He further that, “Until government addressed the fundamental issues of bureaucratic process, corruption and inconsistent policies among others, the funding policy cannot be achieved to its desired level. There is urgent need for governments at all levels to make policies that will encourage pro-failure among start ups and not black list them when they don’t get things right at first trial.
“This will further encourage them and show them the roadmap to better performance next time by getting better ideas, motivation and ability to drive the economic development of the country.”
He also commended the authority of the Kwara State University, Malete for providing the platform to showcase dynamism and promoting entrepreneurship even as he advised other tertiary institutions to emulate the unique style.
While faulting the old universities for being stiff to orthodox ways with always standing on experience which he referred to as ‘old fashion’, quoting one of the speakers, he said, “Only a fool will be doing samething repeatedly and expecting a different result”.
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption
- DSS Didn’t Arrest Kano Guber Tribunal Judge — Spokesperson
- Bandits kill 10 farmers during harvest in Borno— Lawmaker
- Wike approves revocation of 165 plots of land in FCT
- Breaking….Kano govt. lifts 24hrs curfew
- Commissioner seeks synergy with revenue agency in Kwara
- We’re committed to Gov. AbdulRazaq’s Ease-of-Doing-Business in Kwara–Commissioner
- Kwara Govt launches distribution of textbooks, sports kits for public basic schools