Popular Nigerian singer, Aituaje Iruobe, popularly known as Waje has recounted how she was banned from church after she got pregnant at an early age.
Waje, who is a mother of one, in an Instagram Live chat with gospel rapper, Bouqui, said she loved the father of her child at the time and that sex was the only way she could express her love.
Recounting her experience, the singer said: “I had a relationship in SS3 and the relationship went from ‘puppy love’ to sexual. I felt I loved him and that (sex) was the only way I could express my love.
“I got pregnant and one afternoon, my pastor came to the house to see me. I knew that day, there were two things that would happen, either I died or I died. Everything inside me got drained.
“The Pastor was in a conference room with other pastors and he said to me, ‘If you lie, you will die, because you are standing in front of God, Holy Spirit and me.’
“He asked me, ‘Are you pregnant?’ and I said, ‘Yes’. He was so disappointed and told me to be in church every Wednesday and Sunday but I would no longer sing in the choir.”
The award-winning singer further revealed that her mother did not find out about her pregnancy until she was five months gone, adding that she wrote WAEC with it and no one noticed.
“I wrote the WASSCE while pregnant and nobody knew, not even my mother. She got to know about my pregnancy after five months.
“I knew something in her broke that day after I told her because she didn’t go back to sleep,” Waje added.
Waje has a 21-year-old daughter named Emerald Iruobe.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets