Facts have emerged on how the Italian citizen who was tested positive for Coronavirus, on Thursday, in Lagos was discovered.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the victim came into the state from Milan, Italy en route Istanbul on Turkish Airlines on Monday and did not exhibit any symptom of the disease.
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof Akin Abayomi, disclosed this during a briefing on Friday said the patient slept over at a hotel in Lagos from where he left for Ogun State, where he lodged in an accommodation provided by his place of business there.
The Commissioner revealed that the patient fell ill on Wednesday while still in Ogun State and was brought over to Lagos on Thursday, where he tested positive to COVID-19 and has been confined at the isolation facility at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba.
He noted that the patient was showing no acute symptoms of the virus yet, adding that the management of the Company where the patient work in Ogun State has been cooperating with the State Government and had also put in place monitoring mechanisms for all those who came in contact with the patient.
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director