Facts have emerged on how the Italian citizen who was tested positive for Coronavirus, on Thursday, in Lagos was discovered.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the victim came into the state from Milan, Italy en route Istanbul on Turkish Airlines on Monday and did not exhibit any symptom of the disease.
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof Akin Abayomi, disclosed this during a briefing on Friday said the patient slept over at a hotel in Lagos from where he left for Ogun State, where he lodged in an accommodation provided by his place of business there.
The Commissioner revealed that the patient fell ill on Wednesday while still in Ogun State and was brought over to Lagos on Thursday, where he tested positive to COVID-19 and has been confined at the isolation facility at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba.
He noted that the patient was showing no acute symptoms of the virus yet, adding that the management of the Company where the patient work in Ogun State has been cooperating with the State Government and had also put in place monitoring mechanisms for all those who came in contact with the patient.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday