More than 7,000 tons of padded rice were produced as a result of partnership between the Lower Niger River Basin Development Authority and the Kogi State Government, the LNRBDA MD, Dr. Adeniyi Saheed Aremu has revealed.
Dr. Aremu disclosed this while addressing newsmen in Ilorin, stressing that the authority has extended various gestures to her rice farmers in various parts of Kwara State with positive results as Kwara State Rice Farmers Association assumed the second largest producer of rice in the just concluded Rice Pyramid in Abuja.
He also noted that LNRBDA has been able to deliver one of its key services by the development of irrigated agriculture through the acquisition of more arable land and subsequent release to individuals, groups and corporate farmers.
“For instance, 500 hectares of farmland was purchased from customary land owners along Malete – Alapa road through the Kwara State Government for farming activities.
“The project when fully implemented is expected to open up the area for accelerated development, provide jobs and boost food sufficiency in Kwara State.
“Equally, the Authority signed MOU with Kogi State Government and released over 5,000 hectares of its farmland to the State Government. Specifically at Ejiba Area Office in Kogi State, the partnership with the State Government yielded about 7,170 tons of paddy rice from several farmers.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders