A non-governmental organisation, Citizens Advocacy for Social and Economic Rights (CASER), has commended the National Human Rights Commission for supporting its work on human rights promotion since 2012.
Executive Director of CASER, Mr Frank Tietie, also commended the media, the Centre for Democracy and Development and Amnesty International Nigeria for their support.
Titie gave the commendation in a statement issued on Saturday in Abuja in which he also said that this year’s Human Rights Musical Fiesta would hold on Dec. 10 as it was done every year.
The fiesta holds annually to coincide with the UN declaration of Dec. 10 every year as the International Human Rights Day to commemorate the signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948.
“In 2016, we at CASER created the human rights fiesta, an evening event that combines the cultural art forms of music, singing, dancing and the spoken word to re-enact the human rights message.
“It is also to increase the consciousness and understanding of human rights in personal terms, among the generality of Nigerians.
“The first edition of the musical fiesta in 2017 featured the legendary Ras Kimono of blessed memory and Orits Wiliki, both foremost Nigerian rights crusaders who used their music to promote respect for human rights.
“And since then, we have kept the tradition with the support of individuals and groups,’’ Tietie stated.
He said CASER relied much on the help and support of other organisations to start and sustain the annual fiesta.
He added that CASER had resolved to continue to raise rights consciousness in Nigerians by continuing in the fiesta tradition since observation of human rights would ensure peace and prosperity of Nigeria.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan