Popular Ibadan Islamic scholar, Sheikh Taofeeq Akeugbagold, has urged Nigerians to imbibe the spirit of forgiveness.
The cleric gave the advice on Friday, May 21, when he narrated how he forgave an Hausa driver, who hit his car, rendering it partially written off and left one of his family members injured.
ROYAL NEWS had reported that Akewugbagold withdrew the lawsuit he filed against his former workers who abducted his twin children in April 2020.
Taking to Facebook, Akewugbagold wrote about this recent incident and why he forgave the Hausa driver.
“Alhamdulillah for His mercy on us ! This is not to attract praise from any mortal but Allah but rather to teach the spirit of humanity & forgiveness. Yesterday this hausa man driving to Funtua from Lagos hit one of my cars from behind while on high speed Along Lagos / ibadan express at Agbowo junction,”
“The accident rendered my car partially write off with all air bag blown out and one of my family member injured. At police station he pleaded guilty and ask for forgiveness.He declared he has not even fuel money with him.
“His dress was dirty and I forgave him, gave him the little I could and take the responsibility of my car repair and hospital bill. Alhamdulillah that no life lost . Pls let forgive each others always .Humanity comes b4 tribe or any other thing. Alhamdulillah”
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku