An elder-statesman and former governor of old Kaduna State, Alhaji AbdulKAdir Balarabe Musa has raised alarm over the state of the nation noting that, “hunger kills faster than coronavirus infection”.
Speaking with ROYAL NEWS during an interview on Wednesday, Balarabe-Musa condemned the Accountant-General’s Office fire incidence which happened in Abuja. He noted that, “It may be an attempt to cover up some frauds which has been perpetrated or attempt to cover some frauds that are underway.”
He further stressed that, “When you take a look at the index of death rate at this moment of COVID-19 pandemic, people die more of hunger than the coronavirus disease itself. There is need for the federal government to take cursory attention on this case seriously and reduce hunger and poverty in the land.”
According to the ex-governor, “Nigerians that are dying now are 10 times more than the rate of coronarvirus cases recorded so far. The media should ensure that the federal government investigate the case of the fire incidence and bring culprits to justice or they should be ready to take responsibility for all the happenings in the country.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92