Ibadan Customary Court sitting in Agodi to dissolve her 10-year-old
marriage with Mr Saheed Asimiyu.
Sherifat told the court that apart from starving her of sex, Saheed
was also in the habit of beating and biting her whenever they have
The complainant said she could no longer cope without sex, as her
husband had not slept with her in the last six months.
“There is no doubt about his ability to provide food, money and other material things for me and the two children of the union, but I am not satisfied with all these without sex.
“He abandoned me deliberately, I cannot take it anymore because I am still young and I see no reason for his action.
“To make the issue worst, he was in the habit of beating and biting me whenever we have misunderstanding over minor issues,” she alleged.
The husband, who is a motor spare parts dealer, admitted that he had starved his wife of sex, as he was on “sex strike” in the last one
month, to punish the woman for her bad character.
According to him, his action is to punish the complainant and make her to turn a new leaf.
The husband told the court that he had warned her several times to
stop associating with bad friends, but had ignored him.
Saheed also told the court that he would not prevent his wife from
getting the divorce she asked for, “if that is what will make her
Chief Mukaila Balogun, the president of the court upheld the prayer of the woman and approved the dissolution of the marriage.
The judge ordered the defendant to be paying N6,000 to Sherifat as
monthly allowance for the upkeep of their two children.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets