Ibadan Customary Court sitting in Agodi to dissolve her 10-year-old
marriage with Mr Saheed Asimiyu.
Sherifat told the court that apart from starving her of sex, Saheed
was also in the habit of beating and biting her whenever they have
The complainant said she could no longer cope without sex, as her
husband had not slept with her in the last six months.
“There is no doubt about his ability to provide food, money and other material things for me and the two children of the union, but I am not satisfied with all these without sex.
“He abandoned me deliberately, I cannot take it anymore because I am still young and I see no reason for his action.
“To make the issue worst, he was in the habit of beating and biting me whenever we have misunderstanding over minor issues,” she alleged.
The husband, who is a motor spare parts dealer, admitted that he had starved his wife of sex, as he was on “sex strike” in the last one
month, to punish the woman for her bad character.
According to him, his action is to punish the complainant and make her to turn a new leaf.
The husband told the court that he had warned her several times to
stop associating with bad friends, but had ignored him.
Saheed also told the court that he would not prevent his wife from
getting the divorce she asked for, “if that is what will make her
Chief Mukaila Balogun, the president of the court upheld the prayer of the woman and approved the dissolution of the marriage.
The judge ordered the defendant to be paying N6,000 to Sherifat as
monthly allowance for the upkeep of their two children.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal