The leader disclosed this while speaking to journalist on Wednesday in Abuja concerning the issues in his State and why he defected from APC to PDP.
He said that having done some service to my formal party, colleagues and Senate, he has no regrets on what he has done, ” I learnt that every senator that comes will be a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria irrespective of the party and position as a leader.
” We are to make sure that every party is represented and given what is due, every problem is always approachable because in the Senate, we are united people so my leaving the party has nothing to do with the Senate, it has to do with local politics in my own state.
“I will still be working from my new party because I was elected by some people and the intergrety of those people, livelihood, life support and politics is most important to me. some times when you are a leader, you also become a follower when you find your people moving in one direction” he said.
The leader further explained that they did everything possible to settle the issues in the state but the governor of the state was not help matter and was not ready to listen to the people.
” what has happened is very certain because we did everything possible to make sure that every issue in the state is resolved, even made a lot of sacrifices, some stakeholders, Nigerian Governors Forum to resolve the issues but the governor will come and make promises and still nothing happened.
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor