Pitch Perfect star, Rebel Wilson has disclosed that she understands why people are obsessed with her weight loss.
The actress who recently turned 40, told the Daily Telegraph’s Stellar that she understands the fixation on her changing looks because she had a similar one on Oprah Winfrey while growing up.
“People are so obsessed with it, but I get it.
“Oprah is one of my heroes. She’s certainly struggled with eating issues and I would always watch her episodes when she spoke about that.”
For Wilson, losing weight wasn’t about “being a certain size or body weight” but instead about “loving” herself and finding her “inner siren”, something she celebrated by dressing up as a mermaid during her week-long 40th birthday party on Marlon Brando’s private island.
Wilson has also been outspoken about other reasons she embarked on a “Year of Health”. The actress had revealed that she wants to have a baby.
In an Q&A with fans on Instagram Live in July, she said;
“It first started when I was looking into fertility stuff and the doctor was like, ‘Well, you’d have a much better chance if you were healthier.”
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy