President Buhari says he has given his best for the country and that he is not expecting any appreciation from Nigerians.
The president, who spoke on Thursday, January 6, in an exclusive interview with NTA, monitored by The Guardian, added that he expects citizens to acknowledge him after he leaves office.
“What I am expecting is for Nigerians to say this man has done his best.
What else can I do for this country, I have given my best, I hope after I leave, Nigerians will reflect. I am not expecting any appreciation but what I am expecting is for Nigerians to say yes, this man has done his best.”he said.
The President added that he hopes to get a well-deserved rest when he leaves office in 2023. According to him, many of his colleagues were now enjoying their retirement, noting that he hopes to emulate them when his tenure ends in 2023.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA