Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji, has said he had handed the state over to God for direction and guidance.
Oyebanji stated this during a brief prayer session attended by his wife, Dr Olayemi Oyebanji, some family members and officials including the Head of Service, Barr. Bamidele Agbede, at the Government House Chapel, Ado-Ekiti on Monday.
The Governor said he felt the need to kick start his first day at work with a short prayer session, committing the entire assignment into God’s able hand.
Governor Oyebanji, after the 30 minutes service, walked from the Chapel to his office where he had his first meeting with members of the Ekiti State caucus of the National Assembly.
He also held meetings with the Deputy Governor, Chief ( Mrs) Monisade Afuye, principal officers of the State House of Assembly, led by the Speaker, Rt. Hon Funminiyi Afuye; as well as the Head of Service and some top government officials.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution