In a related development, the Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, said he had no anointed candidate.
Ajimobi said this after his screening by the APC screening committee, in Abuja, on Thursday.
The governor is vying for a senatorial ticket of the APC in Oyo State.
He said, “I am not God, I don’t anoint. I have no anointed candidate.”
Earlier, he said the screening was designed to assess eligibility, as well as the ability of a candidate to win an election if the party presents such candidate for election.
He also explained why the Oyo State chapter of the APC opted for the indirect method in choosing candidates for the 2019 elections.
Ajumobi said, “We have opted for indirect, but more importantly we have many people who are qualified. As for me, I have given them free hands. Let them talk to all the party members and whoever they pick, I am okay. There is none who is not qualified.
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity