Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno state has warned preachers against inciting the public against each other.
The Borno state Governor who addressed stakeholders at the interactive meeting on the security situation of the state arising from the sudden surrender of hundreds of Boko Haram insurgents at the Government House in Maiduguri on Sunday August 29, disclosed that he has ordered the Department of State Services to arrest preachers abusing themselves in public.
“One very important thing I want to discuss here is the issue of preaching in the state. If care is not taken, this will become a serious issue because I heard different preachers have started abusing each other.
“I heard they are abusing each other in their preaching. I have ordered the DSS to arrest all of them in the state. The Preaching Service Board has been given all the powers to regulate their activities.
“We shall never allow anybody to come into the state and begin to say things anyhow, be it Christian or Muslim. This is very important. The CAN should write to us, the Jama’atu Nasri Islam should also write to the Borno State Government and the Preaching Service Board with a view to creating access for them to preach. This is very important.”
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note