Alhaji Abba Kabir- Yusuf has insisted that he remains the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in Kano State.
This claim is sequel to the decision of a Federal High Court sitting in Kano which nullified his candidature on Monday.
The Court ruled that the purported nomination of Abba Kabir-Yusuf, as the governorship candidate should be revalidated by the conduct of a fresh primary election.
However, when The PUNCH contacted him, Yusuf said he was not a party to the suit, filed by Alhaji Ibrahim Ali-Amin, rather the case was against the PDP, adding that the party has taken the necessary action.
”Abba Kabir-Yusuf remains the candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party for the coming election on Saturday the 9th. For us, the case is between Alhaji Ibrahim Ali-Amin, who was one of the aspirants that contested 2019 primary of the People Democratic Party.
”The plaintiff did not any way accuse the governorship candidate. He is accusing his party and the party would take the necessary action. So, as far as we are concerned, Abba Kabir Yusuf is neither mentioned in the case nor in the ruling, so, it is an internal issue and the party is taking the necessary action.”
Yusuf went on to reveal that his campaign activities would continue until Thursday night, urging his supporters to remain calm and continue with the electioneering to ensure his victory, come the 9th of March.
Meanwhile, in a dramatic move, the factional leader of the PDP in Kano State, Senate Mas’ud El-Jibril Doguwa, on Monday, said he and his loyalists dumped the party because it has lost popular appeal, among the people.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday