Former Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia has angrily accused the Nigerian Football Federation chiefs of abandoning him when he was banned for the world football governing body.
Two years ago, FIFA banned Samson Siasia for life accusing the former Super Eagles handler of involving in bribery which the football ruling is against.
FIFA also in their judgement claimed that they sent a mail to Samson Siasia for him to defend himself which he failed to attend to even though the coach denied seeing any message.nff
Siasia later proceeded to the court of arbitration for sports to appeal FIFA’s judgement against him even though COVID-19 delayed them sitting on the case.
In the recent judgement by the CAS judges, they reduced Samson Siasia’s life ban to five years starting from 2019 which means he will be allowed to back into coaching in 2023.
According to the report on Complete Sports, Samson Siasia expressed sadness on how he was treated by many people.
“Even my close friends abandoned me. Even, for the Legends Game organised by FIFA, I have not been invited again.
“I don’t know what I did to them even when I wasn’t guilty of what I was accused of.
“But I have invested in human beings in this country by training lots of young players who are stars today.
“How will I fight FIFA? I don’t have that strength, but the government can stand up and stand for me. But everyone left me in the dark.”
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63