I won’t refund cost of flyovers to Rivers – Tinubu tells Wike
President-elect, Ahmed Bola Tinubu has said he will not refund the cost of the flyovers constructed on the federal government’s road by Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike.
Tinubu made the comments on Wednesday in Port Harcourt while commissioning the 12th flyover constructed by Gov. Wike.
Wike had during his speech appealed to the President-elect to refund to Rivers State the cost of the projects done on the federal government’s road when he is sworn-in as President on May 29.
The governor said a letter requesting for the refund “has already been prepared” for the incoming governor of the state, Siminialaye Fubara which he will sign on assumption of office, asking the President to approve the refund.
But responding to Wike’s demands, Tinubu said he owed the governor nothing, noting that the roads were being used by Rivers people.
He said, “the 12 flyovers and the demands you made for refund l, I owe you nothing, it’s your road.
“You can’t chuckle at me and make a demand. You are the one using the road. I commend your effort. You have to lobby me.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari