By Hammed Salawu, Minna
The Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida University, IBBU, Lapai, has matriculated 4,089 students for its 2017/2018 academic year, advising them to shun cultism, examination malpravtises and other nefarious activities
The Vice Chancellor , Professor Muhammad Nasiru Maiturare said 4,377 candidates were also denied admission for the same period stressing that out of the 8,466 candidates that went through the admission screening, only 4,089 candidates were offered admission.
Speaking at the 12th Matriculation Ceremony for the 2017/2018 Academic Session, Maiturare also said that 17,751 applied for admission from all states of the federation and Ghana adding that this session’s admission exercise has been very challenging as a result of the rise in the number of applicants into the University.
He stated that some students were admitted into courses other than what they applied explaining that about 75 per cent of the candidates applied for ten of the courses on offer which left the other 20 courses without much students.
“About 75 per cent of the candidates applied for 10 courses on offer, with most of such courses having over 1,000 applicants, leaving the other 20 programs with just about 25 per cent of the applicants. I therefore urge you to accept the new course wholeheartedly and do your best to excel in it”, he advised.
The VC urged the students to adopt positive attitudes, remain agents of positive change and be peace advocates.
He expressed the readiness of the institution to create conducive and enabling environment to make the students realize their full potential.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents