Festus Keyamo, Minister of State for Labour and Employment, has reacted to the appointment of Ibrahim Gambari as President Muhammadu Buhari’s new Chief of Staff.
Buhari had confirmed the appointment of Gambari, a former Under Secretary with the United Nations, UN, during Wednesday’s Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting in Abuja.
Gambari hails from Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.
Reacting to Gambari’s appointment, Keyamo lamented over the bias of some Nigerians towards key government appointees.
In a tweet, the Minister expressed his disappointment that Nigerians research the tribe of new appointees before searching out their qualifications.
He tweeted: “Profound congratulations also from us to Professor Ibrahim Gambari. We are extremely proud and excited to have him on board.
“It is quite sad that we have pushed ourselves to the point in this country that when any public appointment is announced, most Nigerians would first research the tribe of the appointee before they research his academic qualifications and competence for the job!”
Recall that former Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode had claimed that Gambari was from the Fulani extraction in Kwara State.
Fani-Kayode also alleged that the new Chief of Staff would further use his office to establish the Islamization and Fulanization agenda of Buhari.
APC reveals what Ibrahim Gambari’s appointment as Buhari’s Chief of Staff means
Nigerians react as Buhari appoints Ibrahim Gambari as Chief of Staff
Ibrahim Gambari will implement Buhari’s Islamization, Fulanization agenda – Fani-Kayode alleged.
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house