He is set to compete to become the PDP’s standard flag bearer.
Former minister of education and PDP stalwart, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, has declared his intention to contest the 2019 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The development was confirmed by Shekarau’s spokesperson, Malam Sule Ya’u Sule to newsmen on Wednesday.
According to him, the former Kano state governor, Ibrahim Shekarau, had already notified the PDP and all relevant stakeholders of his intentions through letters sent to appropriate quarters..
“Malam Shekarau deliberately refused to make his ambition public because he does not want the relevant stakeholders to read it for the first time on the pages of newspapers. He first notified them before making it public. He is now making necessary consultations,” he said.
In a letter, which he personally signed and sent to one of his political associates, Malam Hassan S. Indabawa, dated August 22, 2017, Shekarau said soon after the 2015 general elections, there had been various calls by individuals and groups from many quarters urging his candidature to contest for the presidency in 2019.
Another aspirant, former governor of Jigawa State, Alhaji Sule Lamido, has also declared interest in becoming the PDP’s flag bearer, having indicated intention to contest the 2019 presidential elections on the party’s platform.
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies