The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), says it will track 550 projects in 18 states in the fourth phase of its Constituency and Executive Projects Tracking Exercise (CEPTE).
The Spokesperson for ICPC, Mrs Azuka Ogugua, in a statement on Friday in Abuja, said the exercise would commence on May 9.
Ogugua said that the exercise would focus on Federal Government funded projects in Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau, Borno, Yobe, Taraba, Kaduna, Kebbi and Kano.
Others, according to her, are Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Edo, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti State, and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
She said that a total of 424 projects were tracked across 12 states in the first phase of the exercise in 2019.
ICPC spokesperson said the second phase conducted in 2020 featured 722 projects in 16 states while the third phase in 2021 featured 1,098 projects in 16 other states and FCT.
She identified the focal sectors of the fourth phase of the exercise to include the education, health, water resources, agriculture and rural development and power sector.
According to her, tracking involves investigating fraudulent procurement practices in the award of contracts for projects.
“It ensures projects are executed to the specified standard, value-for-money obtained, and implementation of the projects are from inception to completion monitored.
“In collaboration with critical stakeholders, there will also be recoveries on confirmed to have been inflated or where contractors under-performed or did not perform at all, ” she said.
Ogugua also said that runaway contractors were compelled to return to site to complete hitherto abandoned projects during the teacking.
She added that the exercise also compelled contracting companies to comply with all statutory regulations as well as prosecuting persons or institutions found culpable in undermining the execution of government funded projects.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates