The Ilorin Emirate Descendants Progressive Union has appointed a retired Banker, Alhaji Yahaya Ahmed as the Union’s Ag.National President.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the development was the highlight of the 53rd Annual National Conference of the Union, which held at Afon,the Headquarters of the Asa Local Government Area of Kwara State on Wednesday.
A statement signed by the National Secretary of the Union, Professor.A.S.Mohammed,said that the appointment of Alhaji Yahaya,was sequel to the resignation of the erstwhile President of the Union,Ambassador Sheikh-Usman AbdulAzeez, who willingly stepped-aside from the office following his recent nomination as a Member of the National Assembly Commission.
The conference,according to the statement, also saw to the emergence of Mallam Abubakar Sidiq Imam as the new National Publicity of the Union to fill the position, which has been vacant since March, 2018.
The Union,in the statement paid glowing tributes to Ambassador Usman for his high integrity, uncommon maturity and the quality services he rendered the Ilorin Emirate throughout his tenure, which was described as very significant, purposeful and impactful.
The statement wished the retired Diplomat success in his future endeavours as it urged the generality of the people and residents of Ilorin Emirate to cooperate with the Union in her relentless efforts at catalyzing the all-round development of the community.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt