The Ilorin Emirate Descendants Progressive Union has appointed a retired Banker, Alhaji Yahaya Ahmed as the Union’s Ag.National President.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the development was the highlight of the 53rd Annual National Conference of the Union, which held at Afon,the Headquarters of the Asa Local Government Area of Kwara State on Wednesday.
A statement signed by the National Secretary of the Union, Professor.A.S.Mohammed,said that the appointment of Alhaji Yahaya,was sequel to the resignation of the erstwhile President of the Union,Ambassador Sheikh-Usman AbdulAzeez, who willingly stepped-aside from the office following his recent nomination as a Member of the National Assembly Commission.
The conference,according to the statement, also saw to the emergence of Mallam Abubakar Sidiq Imam as the new National Publicity of the Union to fill the position, which has been vacant since March, 2018.
The Union,in the statement paid glowing tributes to Ambassador Usman for his high integrity, uncommon maturity and the quality services he rendered the Ilorin Emirate throughout his tenure, which was described as very significant, purposeful and impactful.
The statement wished the retired Diplomat success in his future endeavours as it urged the generality of the people and residents of Ilorin Emirate to cooperate with the Union in her relentless efforts at catalyzing the all-round development of the community.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ