Actress Kiki Omeili has questioned why people still condemn those who use their left hand to give someone something all because our culture sees it as a bad thing.
She pointed out that ignorant cultural beliefs can be unlearnt and added that killing of twins used to be our culture.
She tweeted: “If you say that using the left hand to give someone something is bad and our culture dictates that you must use your right hand,then you should also be okay with the killing of twins cos it was equally “culture”. Ignorance isn’t culture. Ignorant cultural beliefs can be unlearned.”
She added: “Only 11% of all the people in the world are left handed. Left handed people are right brain dominant and right handed people(the majority of people in the world ) are left brain dominant. Bottom line,if a person is left handed,it’s how they are wired.
“Think about it. If you’re right handed,how would you feel if someone forced you to use your left hand to write and operate and you couldn’t function optimally? You’d be frustrated,right? Thats how left handed people feel when you force them to use their right hand to do things.”
Her thread comes on the heels of a Twitter debate that started after a lady shared her encounter with a driver who refused to collect her money because she gave it with her left hand.
- World cup riots break out after Morocco’s shock 2-0 win over Belgium
- UK Arrival: Some selected pictures of Emir of Ilorin
- Abuja-Kaduna Rail service starts in 7 days– FG
- Kwara govt. re-opens College of Education, Ilorin
- Dangote plans 300,000 fresh jobs for Nigerians
- Minister Okays Security Measures For Abuja/Kaduna Train Transport Scheme
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Adekeke rename Osun after sworn in as sixth governor
- Nigeria to begin processing of raw gold, others — Minister
- Why we retained workers in Ajaokuta inspite not being fully operational — minister