The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, and his followers met with the governors of the Southeast today (Wednesday) at the Government House, Enugu, to discuss matters bordering Biafra.
The governors, according to what we learnt, expressed their concern with IPOB, but wanted them to treat issues with flexibility, saying their “demand should not be absolute”
The meeting which held between 2pm to 4:30pm, promised to engage the entire leadership of IPOB as further dialogue would still come up.
Nnamdi Kanu arrived Government House with a constitutional lawyer and a leader of Igbo Leader of Thought, Ben Nwabueze and his Deputy Secretary, Eliot Uko of at about 1:30pm.
The Chairman of the South-east Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi; Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi; and Anambra Deputy Governor, Nkem Okeke, were present at the meeting.
The Imo and Abia governors, Rochas Okorocha and Okezie Ikpeazu, were said to have traveled outside the county.
Mr. Umahi, who read the communiqué after the meeting, spoke on the outcome.
“The meeting agreed that these demands by IPOB should not be absolute, rather the South-east Governors shall immediately engage the leader of IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, and the entire leadership of IPOB to further meetings and dialogue with a view to quickening the resolutions of all issues amicably,” Mr Umahi said briefly.
The meeting with the IPOB leader may not be unconnected with the recent move by the federal government to re-arrest him on alleged violations of his bail condition. Mr Kanu is currently on bail after being charged with alleged treasonable offences.
Mr. Kanu in a recent reaction dared the federal government to arrest him.
Kanu is currently agitating for a sovereign state of Biafra.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign