Governor of Kwara State, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq (Kwara) has warned residents against tactics of the opposition to discredit his administration in 2020.
Abdulrazaq in his New Year message warned that the opposition and enemies in 2020 will try to blackmail and dish out fake news against his adminstration.
The governor further warned Kwara residents to disregard such even as he make more progressive changes in 2020.
Abdulrazaq called for more support from the people of the state, promising them a better life in 2020.
The statement read in part, “Kwarans must know that we are still up against a pocket of groups that are reeling against either their lack of access to the public till or those who regard public office as an avenue to feather their own nests.
“These forces will throw in everything in the new year, including blackmail and fake news, to misinform the public and distract the government.
“Kwarans should rest assured that we are up to the task and shall never give in to them amid renewed determination to free up resources for development.
“In 2020, we are laying a solid foundation for a greater Kwara, one that works for all. The first quarter will record official launch of the Social Investment Programme to empower the people across various social strata.”
Recall that the former Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Kwara Governor have been at loggerheads lately.
In a statement on Friday, Abdulrazaq’s Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaiye, Kwara Governor revoked a land occupied by his family in Ilorin, adding that the land was originally meant for government secretariat and parking space of a clinic.
But in a statement, Saraki who once governed the state, insisted the land was duly allocated and a Right of Occupancy title issued on it.
Saraki claimed that Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, is out for vengeance against his family.
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people