The IGP affirmed this during its operational visit to the Abuja-Kaduna highway on Saturday in Kaduna.
He said the visit was to check the situation along the Abuja-Kaduna highway. Usman noted that arrangements have already been made to secure the highway.
“My outing today is to check the deployment we have made to ensure the road is safe and also to check the deployment we have made to the train crash site where repairs are being carried out.
“We have also deployed our men to help the engineers deal with the situation and I want to assure the public that the propaganda circulating that Kaduna is inaccessible by road, air or rail is not true.
“The road is safe for motorists and we will do everything we can to keep it safer.”
He added that the visit was also to make sure that the officers and men deployed to maintain security on the highway are carrying out their duties diligently.
The IGP explained that they would work with the available resources given to the commandos, however, they called for improvement.
“The government is giving us the resources and, in turn, we are deploying them to our commandos.
Usman, responding to questions from journalists about the certainty that passengers would no longer patronize the train when it was restored, said: “It’s just a perception, the incident happened and it’s gone, which of course has informed us about the measures to take.” to guarantee such a thing does not happen again”.
He called on troops to be diligent and dedicated in carrying out their national duties.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS