After initially failing to honour an invitation by an ad hoc committee of the senate, set up to investigate charges against him, the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has now appeared before the senate ad hoc committee.
The Police Chief is accompanied by members of the Police Management Team and an officer from the public relations department.
Recall the red chamber of the national assembly, had on October 4, following allegations raised by Senator Isah Misau, set up an ad hoc committee to investigate allegations against IGP Ibrahim Idris.
Misau had alledged the IGP was receiving money from oil companies where police officers were posted to provide security, as well as having an affair with two policewomen whom he gave special promotion.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes