After initially failing to honour an invitation by an ad hoc committee of the senate, set up to investigate charges against him, the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has now appeared before the senate ad hoc committee.
The Police Chief is accompanied by members of the Police Management Team and an officer from the public relations department.
Recall the red chamber of the national assembly, had on October 4, following allegations raised by Senator Isah Misau, set up an ad hoc committee to investigate allegations against IGP Ibrahim Idris.
Misau had alledged the IGP was receiving money from oil companies where police officers were posted to provide security, as well as having an affair with two policewomen whom he gave special promotion.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal