The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ordered a comprehensive and immediate streamlining of the Nigerian Police force operations in and around ports terminals to assist in the reduction of unwholesome delays and inefficiency experienced at Apapa ports and all other Nigerian ports.
The order came as a result of a meeting the Executive Secretary Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC) Barr. Hassan Bello, had with the Inspector General of Police at the force Headquarters earlier in February.
In a statement made available by the NCS, quoted the IGP’s order to states “Towards this end, directives aimed at streamlining police operations in and around Ports Terminals have been given to the Maritime Police Command and other formations.
The directives reinforce the mandate of the Assistant Inspector General of Police (Maritime) and the commissioners of police in-charge of the responsibility for police operations at all ports across the country.
“No other Police Formations, Commands, Units or Teams by any designation are authorized to undertake any operation or investigation in and around any Nigerian Ports Terminals unless with the knowledge, written authorization and active involvement of the Assistant Inspector General of Police (Maritime) or the commissioners of Police in-charge of the Western and Eastern Ports Authority as the case may be.”
The IGP pointed out in the order also stated that the stoppage of containers to clearing agents by different Units in the force has also been harmonized.
He further explained that the force has been directed that such orders must be routed through the office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police (Maritime), who will process same to the Nigerian Shippers’ Council for execution, the police statement said.
The order will ensure the Maritime Police Command works in conjunction with the Shippers’ Council to for the actualisation of the IGP’s order.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC