The governor charged them to evolve programmes that would encourage excellence as well as improved productivity among students and staff of the university.
He recalled that the institution grew from the 97th to 26th position to become the second best State university in Nigeria and recently won an award from Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
He said that the sterling achievements of the institution could only be sustained if students remain on campus.
Ikpeazu said that Abia government had released the sum of N200 million to support the University in the payment of three months salary owed the staff of the university.
He said that plans were underway to improve the welfare of staff and added that government had taken steps to enhance security of life and property in the university and its environs.
Ikpeazu expressed optimism that the institution would record more achievements under the watch of the newly inaugurated council, and promised that government would ensure regular release of subventions.
He congratulated the Pro Chancellor and members of the Council and urged them to work together.
Responding, Chief Mba Ukariwe, the Chairman of the council, expressed gratitude for the opportunity to serve, adding that it was an honour to contribute to educational development in Abia.
Ukariwe said that the members of the council would live up to expectation as they were poised to commence work immediately to restore normalcy in the university.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)