The governor charged them to evolve programmes that would encourage excellence as well as improved productivity among students and staff of the university.
He recalled that the institution grew from the 97th to 26th position to become the second best State university in Nigeria and recently won an award from Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
He said that the sterling achievements of the institution could only be sustained if students remain on campus.
Ikpeazu said that Abia government had released the sum of N200 million to support the University in the payment of three months salary owed the staff of the university.
He said that plans were underway to improve the welfare of staff and added that government had taken steps to enhance security of life and property in the university and its environs.
Ikpeazu expressed optimism that the institution would record more achievements under the watch of the newly inaugurated council, and promised that government would ensure regular release of subventions.
He congratulated the Pro Chancellor and members of the Council and urged them to work together.
Responding, Chief Mba Ukariwe, the Chairman of the council, expressed gratitude for the opportunity to serve, adding that it was an honour to contribute to educational development in Abia.
Ukariwe said that the members of the council would live up to expectation as they were poised to commence work immediately to restore normalcy in the university.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note