An High Court sitting in Ilorin has ordered the all parties involved in the in the Ile Arugbo demolition case to explore all avenues of an out-of-court settlement in the interest of peace and justice.
Adebara on Wednesday also summoned the Commissioner of Police in the State, CP Kayode Egbetokun, to appear in court over the matter.
Adebara ordered that a notice of summons be pasted on the Police Headquarters information board and the State Commissioner of Police office for him to appear in court on the next hearing.
However, counsel to the state government, Salman Jawando, SAN, said, ”We are ready if the parties involved show interest. The settlement will be in the interest of Kwara.”
He, however, adjourned the case until January 24, for the hearing of pending applications and interim injunction.
Earlier, Counsel to the claimant, Abdulazeez Ibrahim, SAN, made an attempt for the court to give an interim order for another injunction.
Ibrahim argued that interim injunctions can be extended within seven days of making the order, ”We are ready for settlement as advised and would make some approach. We are peace-loving people so, we will explore all possible opportunities for settlement,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)