An High Court sitting in Ilorin has ordered the all parties involved in the in the Ile Arugbo demolition case to explore all avenues of an out-of-court settlement in the interest of peace and justice.
Adebara on Wednesday also summoned the Commissioner of Police in the State, CP Kayode Egbetokun, to appear in court over the matter.
Adebara ordered that a notice of summons be pasted on the Police Headquarters information board and the State Commissioner of Police office for him to appear in court on the next hearing.
However, counsel to the state government, Salman Jawando, SAN, said, ”We are ready if the parties involved show interest. The settlement will be in the interest of Kwara.”
He, however, adjourned the case until January 24, for the hearing of pending applications and interim injunction.
Earlier, Counsel to the claimant, Abdulazeez Ibrahim, SAN, made an attempt for the court to give an interim order for another injunction.
Ibrahim argued that interim injunctions can be extended within seven days of making the order, ”We are ready for settlement as advised and would make some approach. We are peace-loving people so, we will explore all possible opportunities for settlement,” he said.
- Kwara governor breaks silence, donates 10months salaries to Covid-19 support
- 55yr-old Medical Consultant dies of coronavirus
- BREAKING…… “Unfortunately, I tested positive for coronavirus infection”
- SAD….Covid-19: 54yr-old minister allegedly commits suicide
- Covid-19: Buhari addresses Nigerians tonight
- Coronavirus: Immigration Comptroller General tests positive
- Covid-19: Queen Elizabeth II tests positive
- Ogun govt closes land borders for 2weeks
- BREAKING…. Coronavirus cases jump to 97 in Nigeria
- Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s wife sends message to Nigerians as husband tests positive
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen