For some time, singer, Simi and her husband, Adekunle Gold, have been posting pictures of their daughter, Adejare, on social media to the delight of their fans. But, none of the pictures have shown her face.
For those who have hopes that they would see Adejare’s face soon, they may be in for a long wait. In a recent Instagram Live chat, Simi maintained that she would only show her baby’s face whenever she wants.
When a fan asked her when she would show her daughter’s face, Simi said, “When are you seeing my baby’s face? I don’t know. It will be when I feel like. You guys already know how I am with social media.”
The singer also noted that she was open to working with YBNL boss, Olamide. She said, “Olamide is a leader in his own right. A collaboration with him won’t be a bad idea.”
Correcting those who think her daughter’s name is ‘Duduke’, the ‘Jamb Question’ singer said, “My baby’s name is not ‘Duduke’. ‘Duduke’ is the name of the song I wrote for my child. ‘Duduke’ is the sound of a beat. That is where the title of the song came from. My baby’s name is Adejare, not ‘Duduke’. I love the fact that the song has become a trend and people can connect it.”
Simi also urged budding artistes not to rest on their oars when they succeed.
“Keep pushing. Steve Babaeko used to tell me, ‘Stay hungry’. That is how you get ahead. You have to keep going. Even when you have succeeded at something, act like you have nothing,” she said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption