The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), has said that no Corps member serving in Kwara died in any auto crash in Oke-Ose, Ilorin.
NYSC Public Relations Officer (PRO), in Kwara, Oladipo Morakinyo made this known in a press release in Ilorin a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS on Sunday.
“The attention of the NYSC State Secretariat, Ilorin Kwara State has been drawn to false information milling around an Online media about the death of a Corps member in an auto crash.
“The management of the scheme in Kwara State wishes to refute the false news and also set the record right that, no Corps member was involved or died in the said accident,” the PRO said.
According to Morakinyo, the rumour that a Corps member died alongside some Kwara state Polytechnic students, along Oke-Ose road, Ilorin, was false.
He said that immediately the State Coordinator got wind of the false news on Thursday, he dispatched a Corps Welfare Officer and the Local Government Inspector of Ilorin East to investigate the matter.
Morakinyo added that the two NYSC officials visited the scene of the accident and the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital’s morgue, where the corpses of the accident victims were deposited.
According to the PRO, their findings confirmed that none of the deceased was a Corps member.
“As a follow up, on Friday morning, the Assistant Director, Corps Welfare and Health Services also led and team of NYSC officials to the Divisional Police Station, Oke- Ose, where the accident case was been handled.
“The investigation so far at the station, revealed the correct identity of the victims and none of the five was a Corps member, as it wrongly and maliciously claimed by this online media,” Morakinyo added.
The PRO, on behalf of the State Coordinator, Mr Amaefule Remigius appealed to the press, especially online media to always ascertain their fact before publishing news about the scheme and Corps members.
“The State Coordinator pray that the good Lord will continue to watch over and preserve thousands of our youths, who are diligently serving their fatherland in all the nooks and the crannies of this country,” the PRO said.
- Make peace your priority, PCN National Commandant, Akoh charges Nigerians
- Update On Doctor Who Performed Surgery For Late Adebola Akin-Bright
- EFCC, FRSC Deepen Collaboration in Fighting Corruption
- DSS Didn’t Arrest Kano Guber Tribunal Judge — Spokesperson
- Bandits kill 10 farmers during harvest in Borno— Lawmaker
- Wike approves revocation of 165 plots of land in FCT
- Breaking….Kano govt. lifts 24hrs curfew
- Commissioner seeks synergy with revenue agency in Kwara
- We’re committed to Gov. AbdulRazaq’s Ease-of-Doing-Business in Kwara–Commissioner
- Kwara Govt launches distribution of textbooks, sports kits for public basic schools